View Single Post
Old 12-28-11, 01:40 AM
rodar y rodar
weirdo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanks, guys. Good to hear that the Microshift stuff is Shimano compatible. Still not sure about the headset- I`ll find out what the upgrades cost and decide from there. Not sure about the wheels either- I`ve been thinking I might just go with the cheapest possibility, then lace up a new set after my checking account recovers from the original purchase. That sounds especially convenient since I`ve already been tempted to build a 406 dyno wheel for my recumbent, which will now be able to do double duty on the Friday.

F2, the Bike Friday fenders only use one bolt? Interresting. Do you just leave the stays on the bike and fold them out of the way? They do look purdier than the Planet Bike models.

Yeah, Jim- the red NWT. It has a few niceties that the PL they quoted me for lacks (including Deore hubs and Cane Creek headset), but I like the extra tire clearance and the downgraded LLama I`m looking at turns out to be quite a bit cheaper than the current Llama Select model. If I were still looking at a difference of $600 just for fat tire capability and a raised BB, you and I might have ended up in a race for that Tourist! Good luck with yours, too.