genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13658 Post(s)
Liked 4,532 Times in 3,158 Posts
Originally Posted by John Forester
Don't be so silly, Genec. We all know that some motorist movements are unlawful, but it is better to have the order that exists than having less order. Traffic law enforcement is intended to keep the disorder low; and note what occurred once the police were involved: they opted for obedience to traffic laws. All drivers have to operate with a reasonable level of trust in the behavior of other drivers; if there was not such trust, movement would be almost impossible and very slow. The exceptions don't disprove the rule; they emphasize the importance of obeying the rule, and the importance of enforcement to increase obedience.
I have no problem with cyclists obeying the rules... it is the motorists that refuse to accept that cyclists obeying the rules that is the problem... which is the whole reason for this thread. Cyclists are obeying the rules and doing so properly, but then motorists come along and grouse about it. Fix that situation. This by the way is what I often run into... as a law abiding vehicular cyclist... motorists that refuse to accept me on the road trying to "fare best" by adhering to the rules of the road.

I find it more than irritating to have to deal with motorists that cannot deal with me following the rules of the road. (and this thread IS ABOUT JUST THAT!)