Old 12-30-11, 12:52 PM
billyel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Digital_Cowboy
How often/frequently do you recharge your batteries? Do you recharge them as soon as you get home from your ride/commute, once a week, once a month, when they show a significant drop in voltage? Do you keep a charger at work to recharge them while you're working? Do you carry a spare set so that if you're on a particularly long ride/commute you can swap them out while on the road?

Also what kind of charger(s) do you use? Do you have one "massive" charger that charges a large number of cells or do you have several smaller chargers that charge a small number of cells?
I use two LiIon [18650] batteries in a light with expected runtime of just over two hours on high. My commute is ~25 minutes/day so I charge it every other day to ensure (ideally) I will not need to switch to my backup light or install non-rechargable backup batteries. The light allows me to rotate the head between high/low, so I'll turn it down when waiting, etc. to extend functional runtime. In spite of temperatures being between 25 and 35 I've had no capacity problems.

I have a single dual-bay charger [LINK] that takes 3-4 hours to fully charge. If the batteries are cold I'll let them warm before starting up the charger.