View Single Post
Old 12-31-11, 06:33 PM
Yo Spiff
Carpe Velo

Bikes: 2000 Bianchi Veloce, '88 Schwinn Prologue, '90 Bianchi Volpe,'94 Yokota Grizzly Peak, Yokota Enterprise, '16 Diamondback Haanjo, '91 Bianchi Boardwalk, Ellsworth cruiser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by ThermionicScott
One could look closer and quibble about the TIG-welded frame and vertical dropouts, but those things aren't on most non-C&V-minded people's radar.
Yes, I would prefer the look of a lugged frame, but otherwise I love the way it looks. I do have an 80's Prologue with lugged joints, however. Maybe I need to buy an older Bianchi as well. The wife might kill me, though.

Originally Posted by Velognome
Brooks saddle, treaded stem and frame pump? Man what are you a Neanderthal or something?

Very Classy ride by the way.
Thanks. Forgot about the Zefal frame pump, I guess that does add to the retro look. I've got an old silver one in a drawer somewhere. Great pumps.

I guess it has the classic look to it, but being a 21st century bike, I can't consider it vintage in any way. I'll just take the comments as a compliment on having a nice retro look to it. I guess Rivendell owners get such remarks all the time. It does make me chuckle, however.

I'll keep Celeste out of the C&V forum now. She's found it flattering, but she really doesn't belong here.