View Single Post
Old 12-31-11, 10:03 PM
goldfinch

Bikes: Norco Search, Terry Classic, Serotta Classique, Trek Cali carbon hardtail, 1969 Schwinn Collegiate, Giant Cadex

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by qcpmsame
I had Socratic method in all my course work save graduate accounting and finance, and our legal courses were all using curriculum and text from law schools, specifically U. of Florida, Florida State and Stetson law schools among others. The legal writing and research was full on courses and case studies from law school curriculum. As Miss Kenton said Shepardization is Shepardization no matter where you are.

I have full respect for lawyers and save having 2 children to care and provide for I would have my J.D. too. Just my priorities. And day 1 was drummed in : Don't practice law if you aren't a lawyer and passed the bar. No exceptions.
So (other than accounting and finance) your classes were all reading cases? Did the textbooks have nothing but cases in them? This was at the University of West Florida for a BA in legal studies? I am curious as this was not done in either school I taught at and actually doesn't seem all that practical a way to teach people to be paralegals. As an IP lawyer reading cases wouldn't have taught my paralegals much of anything. (But your engineering coursework would have. )

Last edited by goldfinch; 12-31-11 at 10:15 PM.