Old 07-15-05, 12:53 PM
TrumbullCT
Weekend Warrior

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dirtbikedude
I usually have to modify the straps around the shin. I like Rockgarden's shin/knee pads and I asked them about larger calfs (19 1/2") and they told me they are going to produce a larger set for '06 that will fit. That does not do you good now but in a few months you could get them. The pads are not super bulky and have good protection and ventalation but not as light as others.
I thought about working on my sewing skills and going with the Veggies but I know I'd screw them up. The 661 site says that there size L veggie shin guards fit from 14" - 19" which means that either they're dreaming or my tape measure is broken! Calves measure just under 19" and those veggies would need a solid 1+ inch to even come close to the tab connecting to the other side!

The Rock Gardn Landing Zone guards look cool but I was hoping to find a minimalist type product with decent protection.

--
Originally Posted by markhr
Trumbull I've had a hunt around for knee ptoection with the similar results to you.

Somewhere else you might try is the clydesdale forum on MTBR
I was going to post there next. I find that there are many more hits on bikeforums.net so I decided to try here first. That Clydesdale forum is a great resource for us big guys - me? I'm 6'4, 265 riding a one week old Heckler.

Thanks for your suggestions.