Old 07-15-05, 01:02 PM
TrumbullCT
Weekend Warrior

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dirtbikedude
... gear for larger riders, clothing wise, you should give measurments rather then weight and hight. I say this because we are all different with different measurements. I got to thinking about this while reading the question about shin protection.

Example ;
I am 6'2" at 290lbs, a friend of mine is the same hight and weight but are builds are different. My shins are 19 1/2" in circumference and his are 16" (yeah he has got them chicken legs ). My chest is 54" where his is 47". So basically we can not wear the same gear because of that. So if someone says these (insert clothing/protection)will fit because we are the same hight is not always going to be acurate.
I agree with your point, however, sometimes there are brands that cater to or provide additional sizes for anyone outside the standard adult male size spectrum, such as ourselves.

But, now that I know your dimensions and see many similarities to my own, what gear do you use? I doubt I'll ever get into riding that would benefit greatly from body armor but at some point I'll want knee/shin, arm/elbow and a nicer brain bucket!