Old 01-02-12, 10:46 PM
nashvillwill

Bikes: Globe Vienna 3 Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So, it's time for a one week review. I still love this light! The light output is amazing, and i still say that i honestly can't imagine ever needing more. I think anymore would just blind drivers and possibly make things more dangerous. A few things i've noticed;

-The handlebar mount is very adequate. I tend to shift it up and down quite often, which is easy since I'm able to keep the tension on the mount just right to hold it still, but able to shift when i want it to. I typically keep it more towards the ground in dark riding (solid mode) and shift upwards more into the drivers eye during daytime (flash mode).

-The battery mount could use some improvement. Currently, it is attached with a Velcro strap which easily wraps around my head tube. While the Velcro is pretty easy and efficient, i would prefer a more rigid plastic "clip". But, the Velcro is pretty versatile.

-I haven't pushed the limits of the battery yet, since i have a pretty short commute. I've charged it before each ride (about 1 hour round-trip) and it has performed flawlessly at full brightness. I've noticed the low battery indicator flashing at me a couple of times, but only on "boost" mode. When i switch to a different mode, it stops flashing.

-Rode in the rain once, with no problems.

-Love the look and feel of this light.

-I love the wide beam pattern of this light. I don't know how it compares to other high-output lights, but it's great. There is a very defined and bright center, then a wide low intensity zone. I think it makes a perfect "see" and "be seen" light. I can keep the center focused on my path, while the wide flood is just enough to illuminate all of those reflective street signs in front of me. That really helps to grab the attention of traffic approaching me from behind. Especially on flash mode.

Again, this is my first high-output light, so i don't know how it compares to others. However, I would certainly recommend this light to anyone wanting an "all-around" light. The price is a little steep (paid $170), but i think this will be the only "main light" i buy for a long time.

-Cheers