View Single Post
Old 01-04-12, 04:17 PM
lockn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BigglyPuff
I've seen that same ad and the guy sells a lot of different parts/bikes. I know because I was looking at the same bike. He has an ebay account too, ruffian pista or something like that.

Looks like a Raleigh One Way 2009. I had a 57cm in green, way too big for me but I loved that thing (I sold it). Like everyone else said, talk him down. I got mine with a San Marco ponza (a way worse saddle than the Brooks aged b-17), no fenders or cages for $250. If he keeps the Brooks, which might be the best part of that bike, and no pedals, it takes value away.

I think retail was something like $600-700 or so, but again, you would be getting fenders, the brooks, and a lezyne pump, basically the works. Even then, don't think it's like an amazing deal, people who pay full retail are either rich or not the smartest shoppers.
whewie thanks BigglyPuff for the detailed answer. i tried my best to digest all the terms and brands that i am not aware of. ok so here is the deal, i want a bike that is moderately good and durable just because i am a beginner. so i am not looking for any high end quality and professional parts; otherwise, i would not use them to their fullest potential. and as far as cutting the price, how far is good enough?? and if he is willing to put in the saddle and the pedals, how much would be considered as a good price??

thanks again