Thread: Ride Pics
View Single Post
Old 01-06-12, 01:06 AM
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by cinemattic
so i took a trip to bovina, new york a few months ago. there was this hill i tried to go down, but about 1/4 of the way through it, my legs were pumping like a 2-stroke motor with a throttle all the way open. of course, cause i was toocoolforskoolbrakeless, i had to skid about 150ft before i came close to being able to stop. during said skid, my left foot popped out of my cleat and i thought for sure i was going over the hill

i got a brake

when my girlfriend drove us back home up the hill, the car wouldn't go over 35mph...
Sounds like me! We have a long hill here and I think I hit a 300 cadence and 400 HR on it. I didn't dare unclip and coast it, and it was steep enough I couldn't hold it back, and my gear was too tall at 90GI to try a skid. I got a brake, too, after that, as well as got a smaller chainring and made some adjustments.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant