Old 01-09-12, 02:50 PM
olly708

Bikes: ALAN alloy, Argos Reynolds 753, Tony Oliver Custom Reynolds/Columbus tourer, Raleigh Richmond (Reynolds 531), Raleigh Hustler all-steel roadster Raleigh Road Ace (531c)Raleigh Vitesse Carlton Corsair (531)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks for the replies so far. I measured the (SR) seat pillar that came with the bike and it's a tad over 25mm diameter (sorry, I don't have a micrometer). Definitely less than 26mm. The bottom bracket is still in situ, it's a sealed bearing Shimano (or similar) splined b/b which I suspect was replaced by the bike store prior to the previous owner purchasing the rebuilt bike. It turns very smoothly but without removing it I can't say whether it's British or Italian thread. I've added a few more photos - bear in mind that the paint in these photos is only a couple of coats of primer, quickly applied to keep any rust at bay before I decide what colour to paint it.

I don't honestly think it's anything wonderfully exotic, but it would be nice to have some pointers from some of the experts on here.