Old 01-09-12, 10:55 PM
tergal

Bikes: Trek 4300

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quick intro,
I just started riding a few months ago after getting advice off these forums for a large bloke on a bike i got started. As it stands i do about 13Km a day for my trip to and from work and while at first i felt large slow and in everyone's ways , it doesn't take long to get around that and once you do you start to feel great. While I have the 1 in 100 idiot who drives to close or yells abuse I have also noticed the people who see me everyday and often give a wave or friendly shout. So my advice ignore the scum wave to the good people and keep pedaling because you are not home yet .

Quick little story Was riding along the main road near my work just cruising as i was early any way, and i see a new Cyclist I haven't seen before . We are both coming up on the part where the bike lane changes to a bike path and you have a slight bump . He hits it to hard to fast at the wrong angle and he face plants the ground .

Now 6 months ago if I was walking I might have just laughed to my self and walked on by , but these days i understand what it is like to ride and what it feel likes to take your self out like that . Yep i did the very same thing the first week i road .

So i get off the bike help him up check him over and we start talking . Long story short I have a new ridding buddy on the way to work he learnt something and i now understand that everyone screws up at some point the only true measure is how you react when someone else screws up and needs a hand.

also Gloves, gloves stop gravel rash when you go over the handle bars and evolution kicks in and you stick you soft unprotected hands out

TLR welcome to the boards