Old 01-12-12, 01:16 PM
TrojanHorse
SuperGimp

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 47 Posts
I signed up for Strava last night and spent about an hour or so seeing where everybody else was lying, I mean riding. (35 mph up a hill? C'mon). It looks pretty interesting and maybe seeing other people's times relative to mine up the same hill will motivate me. we'll see. Apparently there are a lot of mountain bike riders near me, not that I have a mountain bike.

I've had trimble outdoors/AllSportsGPS for about 3 years now and I generally like it - I use the GPS on my phone (Android), it just sits in my back pocket and when I'm done, it automatically uploads to trimble.com. Battery life can be an issue but I've never run low even on a 4 hour ride - I just have to make sure it's charged before I go.

I do like the auto-upload piece, and I do like seeing my history all in one nice place and I also like some of the statistics (elevation change, pace etc) but I could care less about sharing it with the rest of the world. I'm very analytical though, I like seeing numbers, but it's got to be easy.