Old 01-12-12, 07:38 PM
thook
(rhymes with spook)

Bikes: '83 univega gran turismo x2, '85 schwinn super le tour,'89 miyata triple cross, '91 GT tequesta, '90 yokota grizzly peak, '94 GT backwoods, '95'ish scott tampico, '98 bonty privateer, '93 mongoose crossway 625, '98 parkpre ariel, 2k'ish giant fcr3

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 919 Post(s)
Liked 745 Times in 546 Posts
Originally Posted by Live Wire
Above you said ".....just some canti bosses, a hanger, and DT shifter bosses" that wouldn't take very long- just did it on an old Stumpjumper actually.

And yes, that's me and those are the frames I've built really need to update that btw.
But yeah, staying local is better/faster/easier...Meech does good work.
I really like the 29'r you're building.....er....built. Is it even finished, yet?

Funny....the way my friend made it out, it sounded brazing would be an all day, super laborious task. But, now that I reflect on it, I've seen some plumbing brazing being done. It didn't look that hard. But, then, what do I know? Maybe bikes/steel are different.

Yeah, if I can't get with Meech, or he's not up for it, may I contact you?

Oh, one more thing I was wondering about.......in that link I posted above, the fellow had the chainstays "crimped", as he said, for wider tire clearance. I suppose that's an okay thing to do since he had it professionally done, but is also something fairly easy to do? What would that run? I'm thinking I may have that done, as well.