Old 01-14-12, 08:46 AM
JSS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dgasmd
Correct. I ride a SMALL in the LOOK.

So many assumptions there I wouldn't know where to begin. I thought about this LOOK actually, but as much as I like it, I cannot see what in it would be a step up from the 595 Ultra model. I like lugged frames (this is not), I prefer to use the Campagnolo crank (not a choice here), I prefer TIME pedals (could here but frameset already supplied with LOOK pedals), and this is a rather heavy frame comparatively speaking. Also, this frame as an integrated internal cable system like the 595 that would be a royal PITA to get rid of to integrate the internal cables of Di2 or EPS not to mention that it would void the warranty on the frame. NO NO for me as I would go to something that was already read for EPS. Lastly, this frame does nothing for me at all aesthetically. It almost looks like a Specialized frame, which I can't stand the looks of it despite their performance characteristics.

Going from the 595 Ultra to this frame, I see it as a lateral if not slightly downward move.

If you are really interested here is my personal opinion owning both models, first of all the 595 is discontinued, the current model is a 596. I have a ridden a 595 for a few years before I bought the 695 and currently use it as my winter bike. The 595 is a great all around bike and as you stated provides the ability to customize the stem and cranks. From a performance and handling perspective the 695 is head and shoulders above the 595. The power transfer of the Zed 2 crank set is flawless it is like nothing I have ever ridden (the 595 is full campy super record), the handling and cornering is far superior and the road feel can be dialied in using the different polymer. I average over 1 mph faster on my training rides with the 695 over the 595.
My experience is that the 695 is a tremendous step up like going from a Porsche to a Ferrari but your experience may be different