anthonaut
My life be like ooh aah

Bikes: Giant Boulder SE 2000, Craftworks FRM125 2002

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hopper
Oh no Manitou's brake......... Don't say hting like that, I have personally seen many more broken Marzocchi's that Manitou's. I have seen cracked crowns on boxxers, I have seen cracked arches on many a Marzocchi including 888's I have seen punctured lowers one 888's, I have seen cracked crowns on Dorado's, I have seen cracked arches on Shermans. Do you want to know what is scary, I have seen a cracked Fox 40 All of this is with my own eyes in person.

Every fork has had problems, you can't make general statements like that..... Manitou's break omgwtfbbq1111!!!shift+one!!!1111 I have heard so many dodgy blanket statements which Ihave not seen backed up,
1)Marzocchi's are invincible...... 03 DJ series and first run 888's (stupid bubbles in lowers)
2) Manitou's break....... yes they do break...... but so do all forks
3)Intense M1's crack at the headtube... I have only seen a couple of M1's that have had problems, none at the headtube, all cracked chainstays, but these were bikes that had been raced for years
there are so many dodgey statements made in this industry, and you need to realise that most of them are not actually correct.

I personally would feel very safe on any Manitou fork used for it's Intended Purpose except for the stance...... they feel like **** and there do seem to be more cases of them having problems. Also you may say that Manitou are crap cos they have made a couple of recalls, guess what that makes me feel safer, that way I know they believe what is out is safe.

Oh yeah, Marzocchi's are bombproof and invincible....... I have seen an SSVF cart that had eaten itself.

The main reason blanket statements come out are because you get little hardcore's riding something not being used for it's intended use then complaining taht teh EXR comp is teh crap cos it snapped wen i did my l337 Supa Hux0r 2 flat.

Sorry for the rant but just wanted to get it off my chest
Nice rant hopper, saves me having to do it eventually. Ill just link to this