Old 01-19-12, 06:10 AM
lokerola

Bikes: Specialized Allez Comp Cro-Mo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Hey Cog_Zombie - great job! You look like a pro-cyclist in the last 2 pics. And the lady is easy on the eyes too. I'm in a similar boat. I have high cholesterol and I'm about 65+ lbs overweight. I am on the cholesterol meds, but I've recently switched to a vegan diet and I feel fantastic. I've never had so much energy and the weight is dropping off. I'm hoping to get off the meds by this summer. My goal is to stay consistent with the food (I hate the word diet) and exercise and lose the weight. Thanks for posting the pics - they are an inspiration to us folks still struggling with the weight loss.

Originally Posted by Cog_Zombie
A new year a new me

Before: December 2010 @ 282lbs

Midway: June 2011

Present: Jan 2012 @ 188lbs

It was tough, I did a whole life style change. I was a smoker with high cholesterol. The eye-opener for me was that my doctor threaten to put me on medication for my high cholesterol and also the fact that I may be coming down with diabetes.

I quite smoking, switched to organic foods, limited intake of red meat, eliminated corn, increased consumption of fruits and vegetables and joined Livestrong. I use a heart rate monitor to monitor my calorie burn.