View Single Post
Old 01-19-12, 11:40 AM
AndreyT

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by rebel1916
Hey guys, wait, Andrey isn't happy with the format of the question. I guess we were all answering for nothing. Thanks Andrey for setting the OP, and the rest of us, straight.
Er... Yeah, kinda... When people ask questions it means that they "aren't happy" with not knowing the answer. When people buy food it is because they "aren't happy" with being hungry. When people go to sleep at night it is because they "aren't happy" staying awake. Basically anything can be expressed in terms of "people aren't happy". To me it sounds bizarre, since I prefer to express myself differently, but if you insist I'll try the "not happy" approach. So here goes:

In this particular case I'm indeed "not happy" with a question since it is not clear to me: I'm trying to find out whether it is 1) "help me choose glasses" kind of question or 2) "9-year-old girls having a chit-chat in the park" kind of question. When something is not clear to me, I prefer to ask, instead of jumping to conclusions. Oh, sorry... I meant: I'm "not happy" jumping to conclusions. I know that some people get irritated ("not happy"?) when they hear serious questions instead of sunny giggling in their morning-yap style chat, but that's just life.

Last edited by AndreyT; 01-19-12 at 11:51 AM.