Old 07-17-05, 11:48 PM
mac
They see me rollin'

Bikes: 2005 Cannondale T2000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Think of it this way - if the "food" can stay in your cupboard (box or wrapper) or refridgerator for weeks if not months or years, then it will also stay in you! Stay away from the following:
  • High Fructose Corn Syrup - found in all sodas and practically all bars, even the "healthy" kind
  • artificial sweeteners - it's just crap for you body
  • refined sugar - most "food" that comes in a box or wrapper, if it doesn't have the first two items listed, comes loaded with sugar
  • partially & fully hydrogenated fats - most "food" that comes in a box or wrapper, etc. has this
  • chips - lots of rancid fat
  • beer - you're too young

I think that pretty much sums up what you'd find in a typical American high school cafeteria.

Eat all natural foods - i.e. foods that will spoil in a few days - and you'll feel good, look good (for the girls of course), and won't grow up with lots of aches, pains, and diseases. I see my co-workers who grew up eating that crap I listed above, drinking soda every day and now, only in their mid-twenties to early-thirties, they have cholesterol problems, blood-pressure problems, etc. You don't want that.

Have a big salad every day. Use cold-pressed virgin oils and vinegar for dressing. I use Omega Nutrition's flax seed oil and apple cider vinegar. Someone else posted a link to Dr. Mercola's web site. Take a look around.

Cheers and good health!
- MAC