Old 07-18-05, 12:44 AM
boydster2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cyclist hater living on Old La Honda (SF CA)

I was struggling up Old La Honda...the Bay area hill that everyone knows their time up (27 min). As I was riding, a young woman pulled up to me in a red truck with oversized wheels. She pulled within 1 foot of me and squeezed me by the road. At first she politely told me that Old La Honda was a road for residents only and that I was breaking the law by riding it. That's absurd, so I asked her if it was a state road, which she agreed it was but still claimed that I shouldn't ride on it and if I did again she'd call the cops. I encoraged her to call the cops now and to please leave me alone. She sped up and turned into (I assume) her driveway about 30 yards in front of me.

About 15 minutes later, I'm almost at the top when I hear a truck screaming up the road. I know it's her. She drives up to me, runs off the road just in front of me, running me off the road and nicking my arm with the mirror on her truck. This time she's got her boyfriend and they both yell at me for 5 minutes. I was pretty freaked out, and got my phone out and called 911. I tried to get the license plate number, but I was beside the truck and couldn't see it. After harrassing me for a few minutes, they sped off.

I did call the cops, waited an hour for them to show and showed them where she had pulled off the road the first time (where I presume she lives). I haven't heard back from him, but I have low expectations.

In any event I figured I'd warn anyone that rides in that area, and ask them to report any incident they have with this woman. She's young (18-25? I'm bad with ages), white, blonde hair and has a tongue ring. The truck is a bright red truck with oversized wheels. The license plate starts 6Z (didn't get much). She turned off about 1.3 miles from the base of OLH on the left side of the road, where I presume she lives.

Since so many cyclists ride that road, I'm sure someone else either has or will have an experience with her. Lets be sure to get the cops involved before she kills someone.