View Single Post
Old 01-20-12, 08:51 AM
njkayaker

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4246 Post(s)
Liked 1,351 Times in 937 Posts
Originally Posted by jensonj
used carbon frames don't concern me, that's the least that i could do when im specifically looking for used bikes. what concerns me is the warranty. regarding budget, it's not that i can't afford "a" price. it's just that i'm looking for a deal. if i get a nissan trek for half it's original price, i might stretch myself thin.
What you are looking for is "magic". You are kind of asking for too much.

Warranties apply to new products, which means that, if you want a warranty, you should not be looking at used bicycles.

Maybe, the dude with the Giant will privately "warranty" that frame (but few people in the US would put much faith in that offer and no one in the US would likely offer such a deal).

again, if there is any specific forum for newbies, please direct me there. if such questions arent welcome, then i don't really want to take anyone's time. it;s takes time to understand forum mood and unspoken rules. but all forums have a section for newbies, to take care of it.
There isn't a specific "newbie" forum. And it isn't that your questions aren't welcome. What I'm trying to do is suggest how you can make your questions better.

You'll generally get better responses if your questions are more specific. If your questions are too general, you'll get lots of confusing responses and still have the problem of figuring them out!

makes sense.. allow me to use this thread as a support tool for all the choices i have. please bear with me.
You are asking people to spend their time answering your questions. Help them by asking fewer and more specific questions.

If you are spending $1000-2000 (or more) on a new bike, you can't really get a bad bicycle!

Last edited by njkayaker; 01-20-12 at 09:00 AM.