Old 01-23-12, 05:21 PM
Mobile 155

Bikes: 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1470 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by BluesDawg
I'm more of a roadie than a mountain biker and I often argue with my mountain biker only friends who claim that road riding is too easy and not much of a workout. The most serious of the mountain bikers are very aware of the workout value of long, fast and hilly road rides. It is a big part of their training for mountain bike racing.

But that does not take anything at all away from the point BBW made about riding mountain bikes on mountain bike trails. More than once I have come back to mountain biking after a long stretch of only road riding and have been shocked and humbled by how quickly I have to stop and struggle to catch my breath and for my heart to stop pounding so loudly I can almost hear it echoing through the hills.
I also didn't realize he was talking about riding in the dirt. I thought he was talking about the same hills we do on our road bikes. The style is so different for me it dosn't translate much. But I tend to ride my MTB to the dirt so some of the hills are the same just the MTB is slower. My mistake.