Old 01-25-12, 11:07 AM
Pamestique 
Shredding Grandma!

Bikes: I don't own any bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My first century (Tour de Tucson): Has planned only to do 50 miles and sag in. My friends, doing the century, left me and rode on. I could not figure out how to get back to the start since I never saw a sag so I kept riding. Before this ride the most distance I had done was a metric. I finished 10 minutes behind my friends at total time 8 hr. 22 minutes. I spent 20 minutes crying at 100 miles (my feet really hurt!) when I found out I had another 8 to go...After the cry, I got back on the bike and finished strong.

Several years later I helped 3 friends do their first century - I agreed to stay with them. Total time was 11 hrs+... I have to say that was an excruciating long day on a bike and off. I won't ever ride like that again! My friends would socialize at all the rest stops. I think taking like 40 - 45 minutes each time. When I do century its pretty much in and out 5 minutes tops. Generally my total riding time is between 7 - 8 hrs. but like DX-man not really into riding organized centuries anymore.

Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.

Last edited by Pamestique; 01-25-12 at 11:11 AM.