Pamestique 
Shredding Grandma!

Bikes: I don't own any bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by jdon
Being they are mostly about the chase, I get off the bike and face the dog with the bike between me and it. Yes, I have been bitten but only once. Works for me.
I used to live in Fresno and would regularly ride out in farm country. Every time out a pack of dogs would be after me for the chase. I learned not to try and outrun them but to stop, turn facing them with the bike inbetween them and me and sternly I would say 'GO HOME NOW!!!!"

Kind of like the dogs didn't expect it. They would stop and most would turn tail. Some would hang back and I would repeat myself 'GO HOME!!!!" They would snuffle and eventually turn back. After awhile they didn't bother chasing me as we had an agreement...

the only dog that ever scared me was a little ankle biter than just came at me, no barking. Thankfully I could outrun him but I never went down that road again. Big dogs don't scare me.... those little guys give me the shrivers!

Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.