folder fanatic
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Pfrogs
Hi!

I have a Dahon Vitesse D7HG (2011) and wanted to get a front luggage for it. Unfortunately, the one I have found that really seems to fit my needs is the Brompton's C-bag, but I don't really know if can manage to get it installed in my Dahon.
From what I managed to check the Brompton has two holes in the front frame, while my Dahon has three holes. My hope is that two of the holes from Dahon will fall in the same distance as the holes in the Brompton Front Carrier Block (Part# QFCBA). But I am not so sure...at least I haven't found anyone that actually used this block on a Dahon.
Still, can anyone with a Brompton send me the specs on the distance between the two holes that are in the front frame and the size of the screw hole, if possible?
Or if anyone that managed to install such a block in their Dahon, could reply, even better.
Thank you in advance!
Pete
With my former Dahons & my present non-Brompton bicycles, I simply hook a bag directly to the handlebars. No fuss, no muss-or modifying any parts of a bike as I do borrow or rent bikes occasionally. Just a very quick way to either adapt an already made bag for any and all bikes I use or make one entirely from scratch.

Below are two examples from my Bicycle Hobo collection. The Giraffe Print one was already constructed and I simply adapted it for any bike use (in this case a Dutch City Bike). The Beaded Bicycle Image bag was one I designed and sewn myself from scratch and is hooked directly on my Brompton's handlebars, rather than it's luggage block.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Giraffe Tote Bag.jpg (96.3 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by folder fanatic; 01-26-12 at 08:53 PM.