View Single Post
Old 01-27-12, 11:10 PM
Ritterview
Tandem Vincitur

Bikes: BMC Pro Machine SLC01, Specialized Globe, Burley Rock 'N Roll tandem, Calfee Dragonfly tandem.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Tandeming feature in Self magazine

The February issue of Self has a nice feature about tandeming, from a woman/stoker's perspective.

How Tandem Biking Changed My Marriage

Being independent is great. But sometimes, giving up some control in a relationship can make you stronger—and closer, too.

By Anne-Christine Strugnell

Going Along for the Ride

My husband and I could never exercise together. I'm a runner, and Dan's knees can't take the pounding. He's a cyclist, and I'm a traffic wimp. Most weekends, I'd go for a steady 7-mile run and he would cycle for four hours, returning too exhausted to do anything other than eat take-out food on the sofa. (So much for our Saturday nights.) I knew I should support his commitment to fitness, but I couldn't help but feel that if he really wanted to be with me, he wouldn't be sacrificing our precious weekend time. I never said anything, but we would inevitably spend those evenings quiet and careful with each other, as if we had been fighting. I guess we could have smoothed things over by skipping our respective workouts, but both of us had been married before, and we had learned the hard way that you can sacrifice too much in the name of coupledom.... [more at the link]