Old 07-19-05, 05:05 AM
Msngr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HAUS!
CMWC Alleycat Results?

Does anyone know if results beyond the top 3 are availabe from the Monster Track part of the Triple Threat Alleycat? Just curious to see how many were on track bikes and where I was within the track category.. I missed the official awards at Kissena on Monday. Thanks
i don't know about the further results, but even the top results are in question. the video tapes taken at at least two (and maybe three) of the checkpoints show that felipe, the announced winner, did not show up.

at the trackstar checkpoint, one was required to go into the shop, step over messenger bags lying on the floor, approach the counter, take a shot, find a condom on the floor, and go talk to brad to get a signature (they wanted to simulate a typical trackstar experience). i have seen the full videotape taken by the trackstar guys showing the whole inside of the shop, and felipe is not to be seen entering the store.

felipe's side of the story is that he came to the shop and someone outside (there was a group of people hanging out outside messsing with the alleycatters) signed his manifest. anyone who has done an alleycat will know that this could have happened. from what i understand, his manifest did indeed have a mark in the right spot, just not the mark trackstar was using. i don't know what to believe.

the checkpoint volunteer at another checkpoint (also videotaped) told me that he never saw felipe. he also claims that he told one of the organizers about it right after the race and was blown off.

the third disputed checkpoint i have no info on.

i reserve judgment on all of this --i'm just passing along the information.