Old 01-28-12, 08:01 PM
753proguy

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by wrk101
+1 Paramount, depending on paint condition, is a deal. If the paint looks good, price is pretty close to the value of just the frame. OK, I have a soft spot for Paramounts, I have a 1986, along with a "variety" of series Paramounts (imported or built by others).

If that Paramount was in my area, I would be buying it right now, and selling my too small 1986.

+100 I am surprised that Paramount is not sold yet, and I like the color. A Paramount frame of that era just sold in the last couple of days on ebay for $400, and it had some issues (flaking chrome does not sound good).

Nice thing about a Paramount is if you ever need to sell it, it will get instant brand and model recognition.

Chain stay on the Guerciotti looks really funky. What's up with that? OK, I looked at the picture again, I would not buy that bike.

I've got nothing against Italian bikes, just got home from riding my Colnago this afternoon. Sweet bike.

Assuming they all fit, and are in similar condition, I am a stickler for original paint and decals. Everything else can be replaced and repaired. But once the original paint is poor, a repaint is both expensive and the bike will never again be original. And a repaint and redecal of a bike of the quality you have here is similar to the price of one of those bikes.

The Dalton looks pretty interesting, but it needs some work. And if you ever decide to sell it, its an obscure brand that won't get much interest (that's the only reason it is still out there).

I will guess that the Battaglin is in mediocre condition. Look at the electrical tape on the bar tape. If that's an indication of the care this bike has received from its owner (and in my school, it is), then the bike is pretty suspect. If you are going to sell a bike for $550, the least you can do is replace the $10 bar tape. Cheesy.

If I am grabbing two, I'm getting the Paramount and the Dalton.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280807810203...84.m1438.l2649
What he said.