hagen2456

Bikes: A load of ancient, old and semi-vintage bikes of divers sorts

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by njkayaker
That's not good.

No, that's just a guess. You don't really know.

Of course, it's an anecdote as well.

This points to why anecdotes are poor support for anything.
Sorry, that won't do it. You simply don't address my points.

1) I had an accident, the character of which was so that had my head stuck in a hole, nobody would have doubted that the risk of my breaking my neck would have been overwhelming. That is absolutely similar to the sort of effect a helmet would have in the given situation. A question of very simple statics. It was a close call. Only marginals were between me and exit. I'm glad that the marginal in the form of a helmet was not present.

2) You don't have to tell me it's anecdotal. I said so myself. However, that's irrelevant to my point: I told of an incident where helmet wearing would almost certainly have been detrimental. That is emphatically not the same as saying that helmets are generally harmfull, so you really have no reason for your desperate denial. I'm no anti-helmet crusader. But as I pointed out, my experience in that case matched the warnings of some neurologists. It fits together very nicely, right?

I did not relate that incident to prove that helmets are bad, really. My only intention was to show Rydabent (who might already had read up on the issue, had he cared to), that helmets may in some cases cause harm. Not that he understood one word of what I told him

Last edited by hagen2456; 01-29-12 at 07:01 PM.