Old 07-19-05, 08:09 AM
cruentus
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bike nut

I don't buy into global warming. I don't know how old you are, but do back in the 70's scientists were warning us about global freezing. We were entering into a new ice age. Now it's global warming. I was reading recently in the paper that the overall temperatures of the Earth are 1 degree warmer than the 14th Century. At that time Earth was going through mini ice age, before the 14th Century temperatures were actually warmer than they are now. I don't know if you are going to believe that information or not but scientists don't even agree on global warming.
Damn! I thought I was the only one who remembered that. I also remember people predicting that we'd be out of oil by the year 2000 and no one would own a car bigger than a Ford Pinto. There were also predictions that the world was running out of other basic resources such as copper -- which was supposed to be all depleted by now. I recall predictions of mass global starvation by the year 2000. I also remember a series of books about the coming global economic collapse. The books were titled "The Coming Great Depression of 1977", "The Coming Great Depression of 1978", "The Coming Great Depression of 1979", "The Coming Great Depression of 1980", "The Coming Great Depression of 1981", etc. These books were sold for about 25 years until the rubes finally caught on.