Old 01-31-12, 12:31 AM
androidtt

Bikes: Felt F1C

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I only own/ed four brands and I'd say...

Hincapie ($65) - Ehhh... It's alright, but the dimensions are all crazy. Don't really have an opinion on it. Don't wear it anymore.
Castelli ($30 on Bonktown) - It was ok. The material just felt really thin though. Not a good thin either. Pockets were TINY too. Got what I paid for it in this case.
Louis Garneu ($65ish) - Everything is good. The pockets are big, the cut is nice, pretty air-y and nothing really to complain about.
Craft ($100) - Race cut; Leopard Trek. Definitely worth the cost. The jersey is really tight, but not constricting. The graphics are clear. The different types of material in the jersey do what they're advertised for. The air-y material in the back really cools you down (I have to wear something underneath if it's below 65, works TOO well). The material everywhere else is silky, feels really good. The little details everywhere are great (like the zipper cover). Gripper on the bottom actually grips. Only complaint, the pockets are small. But it feels like it should be small so really a non-issue.

Above the Craft jersey, I don't really know of any way to make a jersey better. I think the comparison to bikes is a good one. From $30-$120, there's big gaps in terms of quality. Anything above, it's very tiny improvements that are justified by the amount of expendable income you have to use.