Old 01-31-12, 06:20 AM
Trqtort

Bikes: Trek Madone 5.2, Giant TCR

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You make good points! It helps to gain perspective with more experienced riders' advice! You are right, I have improved over the year and am pleased with my progress so far, I am thinking now that I need to pick up my efforts to ride with the faster groups.

The big "dust drop" happened last Saturday and since then, I have posted a message to the Facebook Page for the club. I got a very positive response! Apparently, the riders were "A" riders and they said that the "B" riders hibernated in the Winter and start coming when it warms up. I even got a couple of invitations to ride a "moderately paced" ride next time. WOW, cyclists are a really cool bunch of people and I am encouraged by such a welcome from my local Club

I love the idea of doing hills, the satisfaction when you look over your shoulder and see the climb is worth the effort!
BTW, I am starting with a Trainer from the Gym tomorrow to work on weights, per your suggestions about building muscle.

I am also looking at the fact that I have been on a "calorie deficit" with losing weight. I have reached my goal now and it's time to pick up the nutrition part of cycling.
So, my next question is: What do you eat before and after a ride? I don't really mean what do you eat normally during the day (I eat pretty healthy then), just specifically about when you do your cycling?