Old 01-31-12, 11:19 AM
phlydude

Bikes: none

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Did a 31 mile ride on Saturday...and it is still NUMB

Went out on a 31 mile ride with a couple folks from here (ChefIsaac and Green427) and a couple not on here on Saturday. Was the 1st long ride on my new bike and I had upgraded the saddle to a Specialized Romin Comp Evo Gel. Well, imagine my surprise when I got home and showered and realized that I wasn't just numb from the cool air and wind, that the saddle had actually made me numb.

Now it is Tuesday and it is still numb...if it doesn't start improving, the urologist will be getting a call by Friday.

Was on the saddle for about 3 hours total and tried to get off when we took breaks and such but didn't take the time to stand up because the terrain was pretty flat and the wind was just enough that if you tried to take a break and coast a little, it would slow you down. Need to stay within eye sight of the stronger riders in the group!

Those with numbing of the penile tissue, how long did it last?

BTW - the saddle is off the bike and being returned - I am getting a Brooks B17 Imperial - no more monkeying around with LBS bullsh!+ with no real experience fitting a clyde rider to the right equipment (despite doing the specialized sit-bone measurement).