DCB0
Banned.

Bikes: CCM Torino 76

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hill-Pumper
The Suntour fork for a non-Clyde is suspect, so I'd pass unless you plan on update it in the future. Personally, the Ogre sounds like a lot of fun with your idea of drop bars. It would be like a 26' cross bike which would something different. It might not be the best single track choice, but it looks like you have that covered. Just my humble opinion though.
Thanks for the comment. The whole parts kit on the Specialized is suspect to me, not just the fork. I only consider it because I would be removing the drivetrain and using my Alfine 8 speed IGH. I doubt the Specialized-brand hubs would last a whole season. My buddy just got his much more expensive FSR bike back that had both the Specialized-specific freehub and Specialized specific shok '***** the bed' after less than a season of riding. But since the fork specifically would likely be a bad choice for me I think it is a non-starter.

THe Ogre is actually designed around 700C (29"). My plan is to swap most of the parts from my elderly Torino 76 onto the Ogre, and use the headset and seatpost from my decommissioned touring frame.