Old 02-02-12, 06:35 PM
Yen
Surly Girly

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Back in the saddle again :)

My new doc (a member of our bike group) gave me the green light to start riding again, starting small and slowly increasing if no new pain. I wear a BandIT brace on each elbow on every ride, and ice/heat/ice immediately after.

I started last Tuesday with a 5 mile ride, and today rode 15. I could ride longer but I'm being conservative to avoid fatigue; if I get tired, I'll rest hard on my arms. As long as I keep a loose grip on the bars, no pain. After 51+ miles since last Tuesday, I'm happy to report there is NO NEW PAIN in my elbows. They seem completely oblivious to this "new" activity!

I still have the same ol' tennis elbow pain and that will continue until this heals, and I believe it will one day. I've read LOTS about tennis elbow, and know it requires lots of patience and lots of time to heal.

I registered for the 25-mile route in the Tour de Palm Springs. Then, I'll continue slowly increasing about 10-12% each week to re-build my base mileage and work my way back.

Meanwhile, Hubby has a new Madone and rode his age +2 last weekend and is considering his first century in Palm Springs. Now, I'm his recovery ride.