Old 02-03-12, 02:42 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by badger1
GaryPitts,

I loved the Defy. Riding position felt perfect/balanced out of the box (as did the Roubaix), but (can't believe I'm saying this) I much preferred the slightly more 'planted' feel of the Defy, greater 'road feel', stiffness, etc, all without being harsh.

The Roubaix was great, no question, and certainly more 'plush' (can't avoid using that term, I guess) ... but I just 'liked' the slightly 'racier' feel of the Defy a little more (BTW, we were very careful to equalize for tire pressure etc. as much as possible), so much so that I am seriously considering getting one for next season.

[/B]
This is exactly what I found with my second road bike. First one was just a "Starter" bike in an OCR3 and was a comfort frame and was set up up to conform to an older riders style. The two bikes Badger1 mentioned are two very good examples of very good bikes to think about. Get test rides in and compare the two styles. The Roubaix is one of the favourites on this forum and the defy is a good range to start with on the more competitive feel.

I know I am thinking of a CX for the offroad trails we have round here- but if you are thinking road riding---Then go road.

Spike Milligan