View Single Post
Old 02-04-12, 12:15 PM
PMK

Bikes: 2006 Co-Motion Roadster (Flat Bars, Discs, Carbon Fork), Some 1/2 bikes and a couple of KTM's

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ritterview
Well, when I started with my tandem in 2009, I was given a spreadsheet by Calfee of every component they typically used.

My build used hardly a single component on that spreadsheet, nor many of their recommendations.

But now, when I see Calfee's new tandems, my build is very similar.

So, our tandem started tricked out, but now it is just de rigueur.

Ritterview, this photo from another topic, posted by you got me thinking about this topic.

The two things I noticed and wondered about were why is the QR skewer left with excess length and from the photo it appeared the cable clamp bolt on the avid BB7r was plain steel. This just sort of surprised me considering the details many of these bikes see. Great bike and build, just curious why folks sometimes don't spend the few extra dollars to go way over the top with small details.

Please don't shred me for asking. It just seems that cool little trinkets like chainring bolts, cable stuff, perches for levers and other tid bits would give that small unnoticed feature to build a true works bike.

Again cool bike.

PK