View Single Post
Old 07-19-05, 07:14 PM
roccobike
Bike Junkie

Location: South of Raleigh, North of New Hill, East of Harris Lake, NC

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Roubaix, Giant OCR-C, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 84 Nishiki Medalist

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 27 Posts
My first bike was a 26 inch Baronia made in West Germany. I was 8 years old and had to use blocks to reach the pedals. In order to stop, I had to plan to reach a curb or become an alto. My folks made up their minds that they would buy one bike and it was up to me to grow into it. I wanted a Schwinn real bad, but they were a few dollars more so the Baronia was the bike I received. It was maroon and white with white rims and black tires. There was absolutely nothing cool about this bike, but it was mine and it was reliable, failing only once in seven years of play, newsboy and delivery boy duties. I only saw one other Baronia in my life. It too was maroon and white with black tires.
Years later, when a lady I was dating brought me back to biking, I bought the brand that was the coolest bike I had seen as a child, a Raleigh 10 speed.
Roccobike