Old 02-05-12, 11:48 PM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1338 Post(s)
Liked 2,474 Times in 1,449 Posts
AZT, Not knowing your total racing goals for this year, it is difficult to comment. When I trained for the Madera Stage Race, I was doing TT practice races of similar length and back to back hard days with lots of z4 work. Madera was two days with a crit and TT on one day and a road race the next day.

We have two TTs later this year that are one week apart - Dunlap 30K and our State TT 40K TT championship the next weekend. General consensus is if you race Dunlap, the 40K one week later will be impacted. So you think that doing a 15 mile TT will not impact your next day performance - interesting.

When I was training with the Russians, we were working on speed the last two weeks before an event. It was mandatory to motorpace a couple of days before a race. You are going easy and resting - interesting.

When I was getting ready for masters and elite track championships, Roger Young had me motor pacing and working on speed right up to the event.

I got back from skiing on Thursday night and rode 7 hours over the last 3 days that included some z4 efforts. This week, I will increase intensity and focus on speed and cadence. I want to motor pace this week and next week at the track with my first race on February 18th.

Your plan sounds flat to me. But one thing I have learned is performance is truly an individual thing and how we train and prep is very much a know thyself axiom. If it were me, I would have knocked out some practice TTs to get ready for the first TT. Even if you somewhat soft pedal it, I would not want the first TT of my racing career to be in the VOS. However that train has left the station so my recommendation is to stink up the place in the TT if you want a podium in the road race. Good luck.