Old 02-06-12, 01:43 AM
Peter_C
I am the Snail~!

Bikes: 2010 TerraTrike Rover 8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Judy, I would so be honored and happy if you came. I wasn't going to ask you based on your personal life ATM, but like Neil, it would increase my happiness level a lot

Thanks, but I do not need to borrow any gear, as I want to use the gear I have collected. I do not plan on doing any cooking during the trip - we plan to hit whatever we pass and eat as we like. of course, will have cold stuff in camp too. A few folks are thinking of motelling it, and that's perfectly fine, you just gotta find the group in the AM. I'd suggest that anyone possibly interested in doing this (one way, or round-trip) to come over the the BROL thread and chat about it.

The one issue that all the one-way folks are dealing with is the need to rent like a U-Haul, etc to move all the trikes from Cumberland up to Homestead. Motels are cheaper in Cumberland, so everyone is thinking to stage at Cumberland, rent a van and a U-haul and split the costs among the people using the rentals, get everything and everyone to Homestead, drop off the rentals, and go. I am planning to park in Homestead at the 'Pump House', and leave my Tucson there while I am doing this trip.

My actual thinking for doing the round-trip is the following:
I have basically unlimited time.
I will save gas by only driving to Homestead
I will save cash by not having to help pay for the rentals
I eat food whether on a tour, or at home - so food cost is *close*
The money I save on gas and rental costs will more than pay for my costs for the return trip
My lovely wife blessed the time I am planning
So to me, I am doing two tours for the cost of one (weird logic I know, but still)
Lastly, it would be an awesome thing to have done, and I want to do it!