Old 02-06-12, 06:06 PM
TheArchetype

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Looking for some recommendations on buying a bike.

Hello everyone.

I apologize if this is in the wrong section and I'm sure you guys have heard this topic a million times, but I'm really looking for some good advice on a bike to purchase and thought I would ask some people who have a lot of experience with buying / riding bikes.

So, I recently have wanted to start riding a bike again. I'm only 19 so the last time I was riding was when I was....like 12 or so =P. Thus, I have no knowledge at all on what type or what the difference really is in each bike.

Some things I am looking for are:

-Small (need to at least be able to fit it in my little ford focus)
-Comfortable
-Versitile (I'll probably be riding it around the neighborhood but I'm not sure yet.)
-Easy to operate
-Somewhat stylish
-Fun to use!

I'm basically looking for a starter bike, something that I can easily take out and ride when I feel like it. My price range is about 200-250 dollars. My friend "supposedly" can get me "any" bike for a fraction of the cost so anything a bit over would be cool to.

ANY suggestions, tips or feedback is GREATLY appreciated. Again, I'm new to this site so I apologize if this is in the wrong section. If there is another thread with a good list of beginner bikes I would love to see it.

Thanks so much!