View Single Post
Old 02-07-12, 06:46 AM
PMK

Bikes: 2006 Co-Motion Roadster (Flat Bars, Discs, Carbon Fork), Some 1/2 bikes and a couple of KTM's

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Andrew R Stewart
I suspect that many tandem teams feel that the issue is the experience and not the bike. Additionally a failed component is a bigger loss during a tandem ride. Those and the fact that weight is less an issue on a tandem then on a single make the weight wiennie/bling **** thing less of a tandem thing. The coolest teams I've seen show their stuff with their legs and smiles... Andy. (Who knows that this post will get nothing).
I don't disagree with this. Typically though quality titanium fasteners are not a common failure. Rest assured we smile and pedal, most times enjoying every pedal stroke. For us, titanium fasteners are used so they don't corrode and look like a Huffy.

Some of the bikes discussed here are about as close to factory "works" bikes as a tandem will be. Those from the moto side know when they see a factory bike, much of it is handmade, they also don't assemble it with steel fasteners.

Just because the bike is light, doesn't mean it will fail or can't be ridden hard. Because the bike is pretty doesn't mean it's a quality build. The ones here I mention are pretty and quality, just how deep does that definition of trick run...

Yes I am taunting these teams a bit, not being mean or condemning them. These are very nice EXPENSIVE and nice bikes.

Maybe the owners will spend their tax returns on titanium fasteners...

PK