View Single Post
Old 02-07-12, 06:19 PM
PhilJohnson

Bikes: Cheap Kulana Moondog, AMF Hercules, various second hand freebie bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the hub I ask what labor is at the not so local bike shop for replacing the rim and spokes versus the whole wheel. The place is ran by Mennonites and labor is exceedingly cheap. I had a Mega Range cassette put on this bike 5 years ago and I only had to pay for the part, the labor cost nothing And while I don't really expect free labor for building a wheel I don't think it'll break the bank either judging by my past experiences with them.

I agree that a used Trek mb would be higher quality but I like the up right seating on my beach cruiser. All of the mountain bikes I've ridden all required a slight hunched position which I find uncomfortable. I also figure that replacing one rim in the five years that I've had this thing isn't doing too bad. It's been banged around on rocks, ruts, and rode on snow covered salt laden city streets. Those spokes are the first things that have broke. I got it on extreme clearance, the same framed bike (the specific model has been discontinued) is now going for near double what I paid for mine so I'd say I've gotten my money's worth.