Old 02-08-12, 10:33 AM
jeffpepperdine

Bikes: ‘79 witcomb, ‘84 billato, ‘86 tomasso

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
http://victoria.en.craigslist.ca/bik/2840472223.html

A sad Raleigh Cruiser looking for sweet hipster love - $20 (Downtown)

Date: 2012-02-07, 9:10PM PST

I'm moving next month and I really want to unload this tragic marriage of metal and rubber before doing so.

If I can't find a buyer, its fate will be decided in a bath of fire down on Dallas Rd beach (which would be terrible for the environment, so you should buy it if only to prevent this).

Currently, due to a slightly warped front wheel frame, it rides the way wannabe gangsters from Langford drive their cars. You can probably remedy this simply by bashing it with a hammer, or something equally as hard like that gluten-free, yeast-free, taste-free, stale organic bread you bought last week but didn't eat because you started a "cleanse".

It also has two flat tires; for this reason, I rode it only once (see below).

I'm pretty sure it's a three-speed but it's cold outside so I'm not going back out to double-check. Whatever, I'm only asking $20, and I bought it for $200 because I'm a chump. I mean, I knew I was getting ripped off but the chick selling it was cute and I was tired and lazy from walking all the way to her sh*tty apartment to look at it, and I didn't want to walk home. Yeah that's how it really went down.

Ok, so I should explain the unusual paint scheme: I was originally storing it in my painting studio and it fell victim to careless over-spray on one side only. So if you're cruising down into Cook St village to read "On the Road" for the fifth time, all the other hipsters at Moka House will just think the haphazard white/red/purple spraypaint is "ironic" and they might even tweet a photo just to illustrate the coolness of their neighborhood. But the straight-laced consumerists across the street at Starbucks will only see the original green paint job, so you'll win either way.

I'm not sure how big the bike is, so let's just call it something generic like "men's medium" (or "women's you're-too-tall-to-date-me" ).

NICE FEATURES:
-Seat

MEDIOCRE FEATURES:
-Handlebars
-Brakes
-Fenders
-Chain

SAD FEATURES:
-Tires
-Front wheel frame
-Its owner

Please relieve me of this bicycle. Its only purpose has been to hangout in my backyard, where it just leans against a wall and mocks me, like everyone at Lucky bar on any given Friday night.

Attached you will find a normal picture, and the requisite Hipstamatic version (obviously).

Attached Images