View Single Post
Old 02-10-12, 10:54 AM
goldfinch

Bikes: Norco Search, Terry Classic, Serotta Classique, Trek Cali carbon hardtail, 1969 Schwinn Collegiate, Giant Cadex

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
I'm sympathetic.

Right now I am highly irritated at a LBS in Texas. I bought a Downtube Nova online (they have no dealers) and brought it to the LBS to complete and tune it up. In the process of folding the bike for me to take home they broke the hinge. This will be two weeks ago Sunday. They told me that they would get a replacement hinge from Downtube at no charge to me. I called a week ago and they told me they were waiting on the hinge. I called today and they told me Downtube wouldn't have a hinge for three months, when it got its next shipment, but that they would try to get a hinge from Dahon, which uses the same hinge.

I called Downtube and they confirmed that they won't have parts for three months and they said the LBS should be able to get the part from Dahon. So, why did the LBS tell me that they were waiting on the part a week ago? Ha! It took a 30 second call to Downtube to find out that they did not have the part.

I am not even sure that this will be resolved before I leave Texas. This bike was going to be a gift for my sister who is coming to visit. I am so pissed because it looks like they did nothing for nearly two weeks.

Tractor, I agree with those who suggested talking to the owner. If I don't get positive news today on a hinge from Dahon I am going to do the same.