Old 02-12-12, 10:09 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Battletroll
Ok I narrowed my bike down but understand my budget took a big hit so I am going aluminum with carbon forks and seat post. Going to go with the Orbea Aqua it has 105 components. Problem is the local bike shop has a 51cm and 48cm and they are saying that I fit into the 48cm because how short my legs are. My inseam if 29 inches and fitting me into the 48cm they are adding a stem of 110 to the forks to add for the extra distance. Does this seam correct?

I'll feel like a girl on the 48cm or am I being too critical? The price for either out the door is $1129.93.
I am 5'6" with a 29" inseam. I ride a 51 with a 535mm top tube length. Standover height means nothing but getting the frame to fit your Torso does. My first bike was a 49 and it proved to be too short on TT and was never really comfortable. May be that the 48 is the right frame for you but with a 110 stem- I doubt it. And just in case you are worried about touching the ground with the saddle at the right height- Don't be. With the saddle at the right height for me to ride- My legs are 2" too short. That is something you will get used to but make certain you are happy with the frame size before buying.

And girls have longer legs than us blokes for their height. That is why they get put on bikes that are too small so that the Top tube fits their torso.

Bought a new bike this week . Already have quality bikes in a Giant TCR-C and a Boreas Ignis Aluminium. I CHOSE to go top quality aluminium again. I prefer the ride quality.

Spike Milligan