Old 02-13-12, 09:18 AM
Hiro11

Bikes: 2022 Specialized Allez Sprint custom build, 2019 Giant Defy Advanced Pro 0, 2018 Seven Mudhoney Pro custom build, 2017 Raleigh Stuntman, various others

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 782 Post(s)
Liked 475 Times in 238 Posts
No comments on the FCU, but I have a Kilo WT and love it. I'm beaten the crap out of the bike riding rough trails, in bad weather, through mudpits etc and never had any problems. The bike rides very nicely: it's stable and quick handling, but not twitchy. Also, it has the vaunted "live" steel feel in spades (I'm used to carbon).

I've ridden the WT in snow, clotted the bike with an inch of mud, ridden it on group rides (with the stock tires) and hit it with my garden hose all with no problem. It's pretty fast on the road: I did some 26MPH pulls on it last year. The paint has held up well. The wheels are really tough and I like the included Kenda tires. I kept everything stock on the bike even though the saddle is pretty cheap-o. The included pedals are completely worthless garbage, add the cost of some good pedals (I put eggbeaters on) to the purchase price. These are all minor concerns, for $430 the WT is a terrific deal.

Toe overlap is a legitamate concern: I have a 53 and simply can't run a full front fender safely. Also, bear in mind that sizing runs large on these bikes: I ride a 55 road bike and the 53 kilo fits perfectly. The stem is strangely long (110, I think) as well.