Old 02-14-12, 03:30 AM
veryredbike
Grumpy Young Coot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
First Build Blog

Ok, sounds like it won't bug anyone if I post links to my blog in this thread as I build my first bike.

Background on me: I'm totally new to this. For the last few months I've been practicing mitering and brazing. I started on the frame proper once, and pretty quickly figured out that I wasn't there yet and that it was time to practice more and buy new tubes/lugs. It should be said: DON'T BLINDLY COPY ANYTHING YOU SEE ON MY BLOG, I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING. Hopefully seeing my screw ups and successes will be helpful, but if you're brand new, my methodology should in no way be a primary source.

I'm using LFB for the lugs on the frame and silver for braze-ons and attaching the seat stays.

To start out, my blog is at CurmudgeonBicycles.com. I'd love it if people read and commented, some of it should be interesting. I'm especially having fun teaching myself to etch copper to make a head tube badge, and have outlined how I did it in basic terms there.

The blog goes a ways back, but I think the truly interesting stuff has yet to come. I'll post an update here with a little blurb each time I post to the blog.

Thanks all! It's nice to see an active forum after the one I was using went down.