Old 02-15-12, 01:44 PM
bud16415

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thats my story and im stickin to it.

Thanks for starting a classic thread. Rarely do I read every post but the stories cover the gambit of biking lore. Before I tell mine a disclaimer and no pictures no audio and no video unfortunately.

Left house for a moon lit ride about 11 pm last fall testing a new LED light I had put together with 36 LED’s in it and keeping the old LED bar on for backup (24 LED’s) I head out lighting a real path for myself. My evening ride starts with a loop around a subdivision and then off on country roads. Eleven at night some fog rolling in and I encounter a couple walking a dog and with all the lights plus my helmet lights and a couple flashers in the fog I think I scared the guy and the dog as they both ran up a driveway, she laughed and he swore saying I thought it was a F$%#^& Martin . The ride around the loop is a few miles and the second encounter with the couple He and the dog stood their ground and I couldn’t help myself as I passed saying “Greetings Earthlings” to that he said F$%^&* A**^%$#! And to that she roared with laughter. Off to the country to test the lights and fog was growing and the roads deserted time around midnight I hear a coyote call from across a 100 acre field when I stopped for water, the second call was very close the third from another direction and another from yet another. These wild dogs were all around this field and at that moment all hell broke loose as the started to converge on something in the middle of the field my guess it was a whitetail feeding out there. Like something from wild kingdom the yelped and howled and then the sounds of the animal being brought down and then total silence. All my amazement soon changed to what would I have done if it was me they wanted and I got the heck out of there. I rode about another hour and finished my ride about 1:00 am coming back to my house the back road. Standing in the middle of the road is a 10 point buck facing my headlights and did I mention this was the rut season. I came to a total stop and was making plans on leaving the bike on the kickstand and hightailing it into the woods if he saw me as another buck he wanted to fight. I flipped all the lights to flash mode and he no longer was interested for some reason and walked off the road and went back to what he was doing. I got home put the bike away and came in the house and got “the what are you doing riding so late look” and was asked if I saw anything on my ride. I knew the look and the probability that any one of my story would be viewed as I wasn’t riding at all and rode to the corner bar for a few hours. So I said nope nothing out of the ordinary and went to bed.