Old 02-15-12, 06:28 PM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
I am glad you liked the video. I like to play it before going to races. I raced at Masters Track Worlds in 2010 in Anadia, Portugal. They set up the championships such that each country has an area in the infield of the velodrome.

Anadia's was brand new and was 250 meter indoor wooden track made of pressed board (plywood) but the surface was the end grain not the flat surface. It was more oval than Manchester or the Home Depot Center. Also the Home Depot center in LA and Manchester, England is made of Siberian pine where the surface is the smooth side of the wood.

Our area was next to the Brits and just like in music there was a British invasion of the USA area since they were short of space. We got to know a few of the Brits and had a great time. They are fanatically into track racing and every detail is given attention.

My wife (on right) hanging out with one of the British female racers who won gold. My wife won 3 silver medals.

Here I am on the left with the Brit's mechanic and coach. He did all the work on the team's bikes so the racers focused on racing.

I am coming out of the starting gate in pursuit. Not quite as explosive as MacClean.

45 to 49 points race

My 60 to 64 points race. The Aussie in the white jersey won. He also won the scratch race but was disqualified for head butting. I love the passive older men.

A little eye candy... Racer from Argentina

It was a total and memorable more fun that we should be allowed to have event.